RATINI AND SHAW ACCUSED OF THEFT AND FRAUD
Smart Tan reserves the right to file formal charges against Kaitlyn Ratini and Steph Shaw Theft Cases they are accused of perpetrating. Ratini and Shaw are both accused of stealing from the Warwick Salon. Below is the update and summary of this case. As explained below, there are several unbiased witnesses. Please respect their privacy for having the dignity to provide witness.
Furthermore, Ratini and Shaw have brought a boldly false and frivolous law suit against the company. On the day the accused theft Ratini had tried to file assault charges even though there were several witnesses who said she was lying.
It has been heard that these two have a long history of stealing from employers and bringing costly, frivolous laws suits hoping to force the employers to settle to avoid even causing the employers more costly litigation.
Unscrupulous attorneys will often take these cases on a no fee, percentage of settlement basis. Its all a big scam and congress is pushing to have the governing laws changed to prevent stop it. We urge you to contact this attorney and his plaintiffs and force them to explain their actions.
The Attorney perpetrating this particular scam is Michael J. McAtee [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
To: Katlyn Ratini,Tara Kusiak,Tara Lamy,Megan CohenfordJessica LirotDavid Vanecia
Girls, this is an informal courtesy email to make you aware of your likely involvement in the forthcoming police investigation.Ms. Ratini has been accused of stealing $113 from one of the Warwick Smart Tan while in your company.Actions like this hurt all of us. Her disrespect for those there that day effected us emotionally and professionally. The trainees from that night will now be questioned to eliminate their own suspicion. They also could not return to this amazing job due to the emotional upset. We will all be inconvenienced and made uncomfortable when asked to carry the weight of suspension when we are all questioned by investigators. We may even be subpoena to trial to bear witness under oath. To add “insult to injury”, Ratinibrings an unrelated expensive frivolous suit unjustly costing thousand in attorneys fees and tieing up our court system.
On Friday February 10th 2012, David Vanecia, Jessica Lirot (myself and asst mgr), Katlyn Ratini, Tara Kusiak, Tara Lamy, and Megan Cohenford were all in the Warwick salon when the money earned during Mr. Ratini’s shift that day went missing. Everyone present that day will likely be questioned regarding the lost money. The salon’s report of events can be seen below. Smart Tan had delayed filing charges in hopes that the shock and embarrassment of Ms. Ratini’s actions that day would have motivated her to put her destructive and criminal actions behind her and go away quietly. Rather, she has filed a frivolous law suit against the salon for more than several hundred thousand dollars in a misguided attempt to embezzle money and distract attention from her actions on the day of the theft. In an attempt to protect the salon, its staff, you (it’s trainees that day) and to get justice, the investigators will try to establishRatini’s state of mind on the day by speaking to those who were there when the money was stolen. Her “fraudulent” law suit against the salon alleges that the salon has hurt her reputation when the details of her misdeeds had reached the other staff via the salon’s email. To determine who stole the money, the investigators will likely be questing everyone present that day. Questions such as “who was last seen with the daily cash deposit and who was the only one handling the cash while in your presence” will surely be asked. The two salon workers present on that day have included their answers below as example… “On that day, David Vanecia was training some or all of the following new staff: Tara K. Tara L., and Megan together behind the front desk. As part of the training, we were observing Katlyn cash out her draw. As we all watched he from less than 4′ away she held up a ward of cash that she explained was her cash drop for the day.”She then proceeded to act as though she was properly securing the money according to procedure when she suddenly screamed and lashed out in such a way as to distract attention from her manipulation of the money. At that time the money disappeared. He unexplained, explosion of screening and accusation was strangely misplaced and sudden. All four of the observes were paralyzed with fear and remained behind the front desk until the police arrived.Ratini had then falsely claimed that Mr. Vanecia had hit her but when witnesses (who were only a couple of feet away) said they did not see her getting hit, she then dropped the charge and “stomped” out of the salon. The officer remained behind the front counter area.the officer asked us to count every cent which was behind the front desk to determine if the $113 cash drop was indeed missing.The officer purposely insisted the count be done in front of him and the other witnesses. As expected, there was exactly $113 missing from the cash register. This was the same amount indicated on Ratini’s sales report made that day and the same amount she held up in the air when calling the cash her “$113 drop for the day”.The most relevant points of this description of events are: 1) Ratini was the last seen with the money
2) Ratini staged a distracting fight and falsely claimed she was physically struck even though there were several eyewitnesses saying otherwise 3) The money was missing immediately after Ms Ratini’s breakdown, which left her hand as the last place or person seen with the money. Actions like this hurt all of us. Her disrespect for those there that day effected us emotionally and professionally. The trainees from that night will now be questioned to eliminate their own suspicion. They also could not return to this amazing job due to the emotional upset. We will all be inconvenienced and made uncomfortable when asked to carry the weight of suspension when we are all questioned by investigators. We may even be subpoena to trial to bear witness under oath. To add “insult to injury”, Ratinibrings an unrelated expensive frivolous suit unjustly costing thousand in attorneys fees and tieing up our court system.
JW’s To Do: 3/23 today pls…review and confirm via texted photos that all signs are correctly displayed and updated, then send me final texts to approve lamination (lamination must be turn down cause when too hot it ripples the lamination) always call me if unsure of something before continuing.
- new bulbs
- help wanted
- smaller mystic shade to replace large one
by 3/28 call all trainees on reviews 4/6 Davis Tasks: mr clean eraser wall under radio room 2; replace ALL radio signs with laminated versions; replace phone signs; reprogram room 2 phone sitting up by ft desk; check ALL phones are working and ringing back a the ft desk, All Salons: -4/6 Design daily check in call log spreadsheet -confirm that the calenders are updated with staff schedule and phone # Weekly
- pls call each salon on every shift u work and ask how they are doing. have them read thru their shift inspection report. if anything alarming pls call me. otherwise text me a very simple/short summary. ie EC no flipflops & why?
Focus on uniform, TV volume, radio on outside in RI!, beds perfectly clean, review scheduled tasks for new staff AND AFTER BRONZER recitation…help them practice by having them receipt a couple of examples to you even after appear to get it to reinforce its importance.
Mary you want 12 minutes of level 4 plus # minutes of level 5 after bronzer
- Complete verble customer survey for approx 5 customers per staffer
- Salon Detail Inspection
- Run report for every customer with a current VIP or FB special and confirm they have liked us on FB. Nte the account of those who havent so we can make them when they next tan.
- Update Blog twice/week by pasting a new tanning related article at the bottom of the blog. This will cause Google to rank us higher.
- Review and Confirm appropriateness of points totals for the “Daily Shift Inspection” weekly summary done by the staff reviewer. call to discuss any serious concerns
- Video Performance review – design system for girls to perform Video and Inspection reviews and reports. JL will call you after she fixes video access with the manufacturer
Jess L. To Do:
- Determine how to allow one to edit and others to post to blog
- set up and standardize pay folders
- type up lock box proceedure, distribute, confirm current codes, creat log of written checks combined with rest codes
- Fix all Camera’s in war and well and davis and complete the Routing Procedure Directions
- Role play critique Advertising – Google + page, yahoo
LINK TO JESS’ PRIORITY SPREADSHEET https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArrLVGY_IYbOdGlHa3d0NjVrYmM5UGxNaGplQTg1RVE ——————————————————————————————————————–